This Poetic version of the Qur'an

Welcome and peace be with you. This site contains a poetic version of an English rendition of the Qur'an along with hadeeth inclusions to explain the verses. You can click on the following highlighted sections to find out the intention behind this project and the colour code to the layout of the chapters as well as a guide to the reasonsing behind the layout of the videos.

Below you will find the most recent poetic version I have completed and on the right-hand side-bar you will find the previous chapters. I hope you find some of this work to be of use in your endeavours, please share the link if it is and with Allah is every success.

Thursday 14 July 2011

71 - Noah





Muhammad tell the Meccans,
We sent Noah to his people and told him ‘Warn them before the painful torment:
The drowning in this life, and the tremendous Fire in the life to come like none before it!’
So he went to his people and said ‘I give you a clear message in a language you understand
Turn to God, leave your idols, follow me to Him as the Judgment is coming, close at hand.’

He called to them for 950 years ‘all the through the night, all the through the day
But the more I call them to You, my Lord, the more they turn and run away
I call them to Your forgiveness but they cover their ears with their fingers,
Wrap themselves in cloaks to ignore me, and their arrogance and insolence lingers!

I call to them in the open places at the top of my voice, as loud as I can
And I call to them through secret whispers when they are close at hand
I told them: ‘ask forgiveness of the Forgiving One, He’ll end the 40 year drought
He will replenish the earth, and from the wombs of your wives make children come out!
No child has been born to you or even your animals over the last 2 scores
But turn to Him and He will give you children, livestock, rivers and so much more!

So what is wrong with you all?
  Why won’t you believe in God’s majesty?
And avoid the coming tragedy,
By turning to the One deserving of all praise,
The One who created you and made you grow from stage to stage.’

Oh Meccans as Noah warned, I warn too,

Have you not seen how God created the 7 heavens in harmony?
Made the sun as a lamp and the moon a light for all to see
Made you from dust of the Earth like Adam was originally
Then returns you to it in death, and brings you back for the next life accordingly
Do you not have the earth as place to rest and lay sufficiently
With its valleys to tread and paths to walk, that all are set out so spaciously?

And Noah also said: ‘My Lord they have ignored and disobeyed me
And turned to their chieftains believing their wealth and children make them mighty
They do not see, that what they have, on the Last Day, will only increase their loss
They are the ones who spread a terrible lie, part of their terrible plot;
As their chieftains say ‘don’t ignore our idols, stick with Nasr, Yaguth and Wa’ad
My Lord, they have led many astray, so Lord, let their destruction be close at hand.

Lord forgive me and my parents and who ever enters my ship as a believer
And Lord if you left sinners on the earth they'd only produce more corrupt, lying, deceivers
So Lord, wipe them them from the face of the earth, leave them completely overawed’
So they were drowned and sent to Hell, and had none to help them against the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment